Journalist Welfare Scheme 2022: The Journalist Welfare Scheme is conducted by central government of our country. This welfare scheme or welfare Yojana is beneficial for journalists. This Scheme is for all journalists who is an Indian citizen, accredited to PIB or non-accredited but a journalist for minimum five continuous years, is eligible for relief from the Scheme in case of death, permanent disabilities, major ailments, accidents causing serious injuries. The journalists are very important for us, they cover news and publish it for the peoples of our countries.
If you are citizen of India and you are also a Journalist, then this article is for you. In this article we provide the complete information about what is Journalist Welfare Scheme, How to Fill Journalist Welfare Scheme Application Form Online, its Eligibility and Benefits. Through this journalist welfare scheme, If a Journalist died or facing serious injuries then his family is eligible for relief from the Scheme up to 5 lakhs.
Journalist Welfare Scheme | Journalist Welfare Scheme Application Form | Journalist Welfare Yojana Eligibility | pib.gov.in | Journalist Welfare Scheme Benefits | Patrakar Kalyan Yojana | UP Journalist Welfare Scheme UPSC
Journalist Welfare Scheme 2022 | Patrakar Kalyan Yojana
This Journalist Welfare Scheme (पत्रकार कल्याण योजना) is very beneficial schemes for journalists and people dependent on them. Under this scheme, there is a provision of giving up to 5 lakh rupee to the family members of the journalist after the death of the journalist. If a journalist has a permanent disability, then the government has a provision of giving 5 lakh approx. financial assistance of 3 lakh will be provided by the government in case of very serious diseases like cancer, renal failure, heart surgery / angioplasty, brain hemorrhage and paralysis. The same, if a journalist is admitted to the hospital in case of a serious accident, then there is a provision of giving 2 lakh rupees.
If a journalist is non-accredited with PIB and he has been associated with print / electronic or web based services for at least 05 years, then he will also come under the this Journalist welfare scheme.
While giving information about the revised scheme, Additional Chief Secretary Information Dr. Navneet Sehgal said that under the journalist welfare scheme, financial support of 3 lakh will be provided by the government in case of very serious diseases like cancer, renal failure, heart surgery / angioplasty, brain hemorrhage and paralysis. He said that this financial support will not be available to non-accredited journalists above 65 years of age.
What is Journalist Welfare Scheme?
The journalist who is an Indian citizen, accredited to PIB or non-accredited but a journalist for minimum five continuous years, is eligible for relief from the Scheme in case of death, permanent disabilities, major ailments, accidents causing serious injuries. The payment under the scheme will be made from Centre’s annual budgetary allocations under JWS and the government committee may recommend higher assistance if necessary or suggest deviations. The financial grant under the scheme to any working journalist is not a ‘matter of right’ and will be extended depending on the Committee’s satisfaction regarding the merits of the case.
Highlights of Journalist Welfare Scheme
|Scheme Name||Journalist Welfare Scheme|
|In Hindi||पत्रकार कल्याण योजना|
|Benefit Up to||5 Lakhs|
Objectives of Journalist Welfare Scheme
- The objective of this scheme is to provide immediate lump sum compassionate support to journalists and their families in extremely difficult circumstances.
- Accredited journalists or non-accredited journalists from PIB / State Governments / Union Territories are covered under the scheme. He has worked full-time or part-time as a news editor, reporter, photographer, cameraman, photo journalist, independent journalist for at least five consecutive years then he deserve this scheme.
- Under this scheme, up to five lakh rupees of support is available to the journalist after his death. In addition, there is a provision to provide support of up to five lakh rupees for permanent disability of the journalist and up to three lakh rupees for the treatment of critical illness not covered under CGHS or other insurance / health schemes.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide support to the journalists.
Eligibility for Journalist Welfare Scheme
- The Journalist should be citizen of India then he take the benefit of this scheme.
- The applicant should be recognized by the Central Information Bureau or should be valid from the State and Union Territory Government.
- The journalist who is an Indian citizen, accredited to PIB or non-accredited but a journalist for minimum five continuous years, is eligible for relief from Journalist welfare Scheme in case of death, permanent disabilities, major ailments, accidents causing serious injuries.
On Journalist Welfare Scheme, The definitions of journalists are given in Working Journalists and Other News Paper Employee Conditions of Service and Miscellaneous Provisions Act of 1955 for working journalists. The same people are valid for the journalist welfare scheme.
Under this, all journalists who are associated with print media / electronic media and web related services and people who are freelance journalists, they will also be able to avail benefits under this scheme. If a journalist works as a Director, this plan will not be valid for him. Family means spouse under this scheme, dependent parents or dependent children.
Journalist Welfare Scheme Apply Online @ pib.gov.in
If you want to apply for पत्रकार कल्याण योजना (Journalist Welfare Scheme), then you can easily get the application from the official website of PIB or from any office of PIB. After taking the Journalist Welfare Scheme Application Form, you submit the application form to the concerned office of PIB.
After this, after a thorough investigation by the PIB officer, the application will be sent along with the Report to Headquarters of PIB New Delhi. If you want Journalist Welfare Scheme Online Apply then you can follow the below given method.
- First you need to visit the Official website of Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- On the PIB Website homepage you see option Media Facilities, under the Media Facility option you again see another option Facility.
- Now you need to click on the Facilities Option.
- After click on Facilities option a new page is open on your device, after that you see a new option named JOURNALISTS WELFARE SCHEME ONLINE APPLICATION, You need to click on this option.
- When you click on this option a new page open contains information, You need to read all the information carefully. After reading all the information click on next button.
- A new page is open after click on Next button, here you need to enter you identification details and click on submit button.
- After that a new page open with a form, you need to fill this form carefully to complete the application process of Journalist welfare scheme.
Journalist Welfare Scheme State Wise List
|1||Andhra Pradesh (AP)|
|9||Himachal Pradesh (HP)|
|13||Madhya Pradesh (MP)|
|26||Uttar Pradesh (UP)|
|28||West Bengal (WB)|
|29||Andaman and Nicobar|
|30||Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu|
|32||Jammu and Kashmir|
पत्रकार कल्याण योजना । Patrakar Kalyan Yojana
Journalist Welfare Scheme FAQ’s
What is Journalist Welfare Scheme?
It is a scheme by central government to support the journalist and his family in case of serious injury or death.
How much maximum amount pay by government in Journalist Welfare Scheme?
The Maximum amount paid by government in Journalist welfare Scheme is 5 lakhs.
How to Journalist Welfare Scheme apply online?
You need to visit the official website of Press Information Bureau (PIB), and complete the registration process.
What is the website where i can apply for Journalist welfare scheme?